[petsc-dev] 6-node wedge cells in DMPlex

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 25 23:12:29 CST 2017

hi Matt,

A couple of years ago we discussed adding support for 6-node wedge cells
in DMPlex- the hurdle being that at present DMPlex doesn't support cells
with faces of different shapes (see below)- and you said it could be
done, if and when I needed it.

People are starting to want to use my code on real models now, many of
which have 6-node wedge cells. So it would be very handy to have support
for those in DMPlex fairly soon if possible.

Any chance you would be able to take a look at it? In principle I would
be happy to help if I can. I have started looking at plexinterpolate.c
to try and see how it works, but at this stage I'm not at all confident
that I understand the subtleties.

Cheers, Adrian

--

Dr Adrian Croucher