[petsc-dev] bad advice? TSStep has failed due to DIVERGED_NONLINEAR_SOLVE, increase -ts_max_snes_failures or make negative to attempt recovery!

Nathan Collier nathaniel.collier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 14:32:20 CDT 2013

I know that all I actually see when I get that message is the DIVERGING
part. Then I turn on other monitors to figure out what is happening in my
code. My guess is that most expert users do the same, perhaps the link to
steps or suggests for debugging would be better:

TSStep has failed due to DIVERGED_NONLINEAR_SOLVE, see <page> for
suggestions on diagnosis

Nate