[petsc-dev] Code for MAGMA solver

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 8 17:01:33 CDT 2013

Harshad Sahasrabudhe <hsahasra at purdue.edu> writes:

> Okay. So here is the pull request. I hope I'm doing it right.

Hmm, I think you just used the "git request-pull" tool, where as Matt
was thinking of a bitbucket pull request.  I see you're using github,
but it looks like you created that repository as a new empty repository
and then pushed, rather than "forking" in the github interface.  I don't
know how to make github recognize your repository as a fork.  If you'd
like to use github, I recommend going to this page

  https://github.com/petsc/petsc

and click Fork (upper right) to create a new repository named
hsahasra/petsc.  Then add it as a remote by running

  $ git remote add github https://github.com/hsahasra/petsc
  $ git push -u github magma-dense-mat

You can visit your branch on the website

https://github.com/hsahasra/petsc/tree/magma-dense-mat

There is a line like this:

This branch is 2 commits ahead and 0 commits behind master    Pull Request    Compare

Click "Pull Request" and set the destination as 'next' in the
petsc/petsc repository.  We can try commenting there.

Or do the same on bitbucket starting from "Fork the PETSc repository on Bitbucket" here:

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/wiki/pull-request-instructions-git