[petsc-dev] pushing to next fails

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 5 11:24:31 CST 2013

Stefano Zampini <s.zampini at cineca.it> writes:

> I'm having troubles while pushing to next. On my working copy, I only
> merged stefano_zampini/pcbddc-reusebddc

This is a result of turning on branch restrictions, which makes it less
stressful to hand out commit access to collaborators.

http://mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=871u3f1cuk.fsf@mcs.anl.gov

I made some comments in your branch.  I'm not a fan of the deep comparison in

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/f4ddd8eecafc09061839cfbaf2bc8c47641ebc86

Your branch also adds trailing whitespace in a number of places.  You
can use "git diff --check" to have it show you bad whitespace or you can
enable a precommit hook to check.  The sample does this, so this is
sufficient.

  $ git mv .git/hooks/pre-commit.sample .git/hooks/pre-commit