[petsc-dev] Making a PetSc Roll and Rocks Module

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 24 18:37:08 CST 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013, Blaise A Bourdin wrote:

> the usual naming scheme is just the version number, but for petsc, most supercomputing centers use %version-%arch
> the installer will copy the file into $MODULEPATH/petsc/%version-%arch, or the user to $HOME/.modulefiles
>
> Of course,  %version-%arch is a really silly name out of context. How about petsc-%version-%arch, somewhere within $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH, or $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/modulefiles/%version-%arch ?

And PETSC_ARCH has no singificance with prefix install [the
significant text is in the prefix-path - and one doesn't have to match
PETSC_ARCH to this significant text]

BTW: Is the following notation ok? [google didn't help]

prepend-path PATH /home/balay/spetsc/asterix64/bin:/home/balay/spetsc/bin

I have some fixes [except for the modfile name] which I can push.

thanks,
Satish