[petsc-dev] Making a PetSc Roll and Rocks Module

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Thu Jan 24 18:26:00 CST 2013

the usual naming scheme is just the version number, but for petsc, most supercomputing centers use %version-%arch
the installer will copy the file into $MODULEPATH/petsc/%version-%arch, or the user to $HOME/.modulefiles

Of course,  %version-%arch is a really silly name out of context. How about petsc-%version-%arch, somewhere within $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH, or $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/modulefiles/%version-%arch ?

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA