[petsc-dev] Style Guide: How to format single-line if/for/while-blocks?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 22 11:34:33 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Karl Rupp <rupp at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> So, so I will continue quickly along the following path:
>  -> Bring sources to a clean state
>  -> Provide simple and robust guard scripts (pre-commit/pre-push)

Note that pre-commit cannot be run on a user's machine without their
assistance (configuring hgrc). (Doing so would be a huge security
vulnerability.) If we reject the commit server-side, the author will have
to edit their history (requires enabling an extension unless it's the last
commit). Since it's a hassle to go back and fix the history, hopefully it
will teach developers to enable the commit hooks.

>  -> Configure uncrustify such that it reports violations (nightly)
>  -> Document user-specific uncrustify configs

Until someone finds a way to do this with Hg, I think this last point would
only be meaningful to git users.