[petsc-dev] Documentation comment support

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 22:35:36 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Bullshit. Try and do that. You will see the problem.
>

> I don't know what you're getting at, but the fact remains that cpp does
> nothing to typedef statements.

Look at the grammar from the back of K&R. It requires TYPE tokens when you
have definitions. However,
the lexer will produce an ID token unless you look it up in a table. So
this is feedback from the 'typedef'
to the lexer. So we at least need feedback to the lexer from the parse. I
know we need feedback from cpp
to the lexer. I will think of it.