[petsc-dev] elemental stuff still broken

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 20 15:50:40 CST 2013

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Jed Brown wrote:

> >> He fixed the issues in his repository, but we never told PETSc to use
> >> his new version.
> >
> >    Should we be using his repository? Should we be figuring out better
> >    ways of handling updates to other software from our stuff? It is
> >    not productive to have this kind of stuff happen, how can we
> >    prevent it in the future?
>
> When he updates, we should be making a one-line commit in
> config/PETSc/packages/elemental.py to use his new version.  It's not
> hard, but someone has to do it.  I'm about to step onto a plane, but I
> can do it when I land.

Sorry didn't update this before. Will test and commit the fix.

BTW: this is in jed/elemental-int64 branch [which hasn't been merged
to master yet]

And I'll also remove all self.download usage when self.gitcommit [as
this is inconsistant code]

[And I need to complete balay/giturl-fixes so that tarball urls are
automatically constructed from giturls - for usage without git]

Satish