[petsc-dev] buildsystem: cusp location

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 25 22:20:28 CDT 2012

   So you are arguing we should make life harder for users?

   --with-package-dir=dir   currently has the model "look for any way we know about" for installs underneath dir.

   Why is this a bad model? Why do you advocate something much more limited?

   Who agrees with Sean that we should cripple --with-package-dir=dir?   Expanding it sounds like a better idea.

   Barry