[petsc-dev] buildsystem: cusp location

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 25 12:52:53 CDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:16, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> I don't see how the above is abusing --with-cusp-dir=
>> option. --with-package-dir option - by definition is to specify the
>> default install root dir of the given package. [assuming all packages
>> default to PACKAGE_DIR/include is wrong].
>>

> Okay, but apparently we see it installed this way in practice.

To follow-up on this, this is even the practice we have when installing
packages specified with --download. So, why can't we specify
--with-package-dir to have a common structure
(PACKAGE_DIR/{include,lib,lib64,lib32,bin,share,etc}) and if the user
doesn't have that structure, then have them use the
--with-package-{include,lib} options? I'm at a loss for which cases that
doesn't cover.