[petsc-dev] Moar namespacing

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:25:35 CDT 2012

On Aug 27, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Blaise Bourdin <bourdin at lsu.edu> wrote:
> actually, what is the meaning of is in fortran? I can't find it as a keyword in any of my 2003 ref, so it must be a 2008 or later thing.
>
> See Fortran 2003 section 8.1.5 SELECT TYPE construct. There are phrase TYPE IS, CLASS IS, and CLASS DEFAULT.
>
> It appears that a lone IS doesn't parse specially, but if you use this construct, the PETSc's IS definition causes trouble.

Interesting I had never though of these and never had the issue since I use fortran datatypes. I guess relying on a 2 letter preprocessor substitution is asking for trouble...

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA