[petsc-dev] VecGetArrayF90 without finclude/petscvec.h90

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 10 08:45:42 CDT 2011

If you forget to include this header, there are no warnings, but the array
pointer shows up as NULL on the C side (currently causing a seg-fault). Is
there a way to check for this at compile time?

I just lost some time tracking this down, so we need some sort of a check.
It's trivial to do at run-time, though I don't know if having the pointer
show up as NULL is a gfortran artifact or something more general.