[petsc-dev] rebase question

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 5 11:57:57 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 18:46, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    This is a bullshit command and doesn't do what it should do.  It checks
> the buffer every certain amount of time and reverts if it finds the file is
> changed. Useless if the file change happened after the last check, when it
> reverts to the same annoying message.

Oh, simple. Just

(setq auto-revert-interval 0.1)

If you do that, it should be pretty rare to visit a file that has not been
auto-reverted yet. There couldn't possibly be a problem with stat'ing 1000
buffers 10 times per second, could there?

This is really disgusting. We should write a new editor that doesn't suck.
;-D