[petsc-dev] petsc-dev: ASM with sbaij matrix and block size=1 broken?

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sat Nov 5 00:20:00 CDT 2011

Jed,

I assume you mean src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex2
I have not yet been able to duplicate the error with this example. Do
you know of any other test cases that might be appropriate?

My PyLith simulation with -malloc and -malloc_debug flags chokes on line
933 of src/mat/impls/baij/mpi/baijjob.c with a EXEC_BAD_ACCESS.

933               for (l=0; l<nzA; l++)   cols[imark+l] = cstart +
cworkA[l];

When the memory error happens at this line, the debugger shows
l = 1400100
imark = 0
cstart = 0
cworkA[l] = 0
cols[imark+l] = -17958193

The address of the bad memory access matches the address of cols[imark+l].

Brad