[petsc-dev] Okay, petscmath.h is a complete piece of crap and now its breaking my build

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Mar 15 13:57:40 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 19:51, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Again, I could say exactly the same thing. I can jsut look at the Python
> and see all possible variants.

You have an Emacs mode for "python-generating-C" with context-aware syntax
highlighting, auto-completion, debugger support, etc? When PETSc crashes,
the stack trace is going to reach back into the Python file that produced
the C that caused the problem so we can figure out what's wrong?

> In my scenario, it would have been easy to tell what was going on. Here it
> was hard.

Put reconfigure in an "hg update" hook, then you'll never have to worry
about having generated files (petscconf.h) inconsistent with the source
tree. Better yet, have make/builder run it every time you compile just in
case any Python code changed. :-)