[petsc-dev] Okay, petscmath.h is a complete piece of crap and now its breaking my build

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Mar 15 13:49:35 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 19:44, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Verification of preprocess code is exactly as intensive, since you have to
> compile each version. What is your point here?

You can see all possible variants using a widely used and standardized
language with editor support, the turn-around time for a correctness check
is less because you don't have to reconfigure.

> The code I had would have continued to work, rather than break.

Why did you bother pulling/updating if you wanted to work with an old
version? This sounds more like a problem of you/the build system not knowing
when to reconfigure.