[petsc-dev] Could generatefortranstubs.py be lazier about modification times?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Oct 5 11:34:35 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 18:20, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Do you want a configure flag to turn off building them? If so is there a
> particular reason (including they are too hard to build?)?

I use the CMake build which builds them just fine, but I have a bunch of
PETSC_ARCHes, many of which use external packages that require a Fortran
compiler, but I almost never call PETSc from Fortran (only to debug problems
that people send me), so I'd rather not build the Fortran interface at all
for most values of PETSC_ARCH.

Jed