[petsc-dev] field split/schur complement, incompressible flow

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed May 12 00:05:47 CDT 2010

FieldSplit is very simple. You just give an IS for each field which numbers
the dof in that field.
Then you can combine the solvers additively or multiplicatively on the
command line. I do not
think we have a specific example, but you can do this from the command line
for any DA
example, such as SNES ex19.

   Matt

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Chris Kees <
christopher.e.kees at usace.army.mil> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the FieldSplit functionality is now in the latest release,
> but I've been having trouble finding examples of how to use it. I'm using
> fairly standard stabilized equal order P1 and P2 tetrahedral elements for
> variable viscosity/density incompressible flow with the DOF end to end
> (p0p1p2...u0u1u2...not interleaved) so I think I need to use the general
> PCFieldSplitSetIS.  Would anybody be willing to point me to some example
> code that uses the current field split functionality? Is it basically
> finished in the latest release or is there still reason to use petsc-dev if
> that's what I'm working on?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

lead.