[petsc-dev] field split/schur complement, incompressible flow

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed May 12 03:40:58 CDT 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 01:05:47 -0400, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> FieldSplit is very simple. You just give an IS for each field which
> numbers the dof in that field.  Then you can combine the solvers
> additively or multiplicatively on the command line.  I do not think we
> have a specific example, but you can do this from the command line for
> any DA example, such as SNES ex19.

A few examples:

  $ grep pc_fieldsplit `find src -name makefile`

Chris, PCFieldSplit has not changed since the release, but support for
more general factorization (Schur) splits and geometric multigrid inside
of splits will go into petsc-dev.

Jed