[petsc-dev] field split/schur complement, incompressible flow

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees at usace.army.mil
Tue May 11 20:49:10 CDT 2010

Hi,

I noticed that the FieldSplit functionality is now in the latest
release, but I've been having trouble finding examples of how to use
it. I'm using fairly standard stabilized equal order P1 and P2
tetrahedral elements for variable viscosity/density incompressible
flow with the DOF end to end (p0p1p2...u0u1u2...not interleaved) so I
think I need to use the general PCFieldSplitSetIS.  Would anybody be
willing to point me to some example code that uses the current field
split functionality? Is it basically finished in the latest release or
is there still reason to use petsc-dev if that's what I'm working on?

Thanks,
Chris