[petsc-dev] Location for tutorial codes

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 7 15:51:23 CDT 2010

Barry,

there are 2 ways of grouping - one is a prefix, the other is a subdir.

The release repos were already grouped with a common prifix - so it
didn't need a subdir regrouping. [however this forces url changes for
folks with these clones]. Plus the names don't pass your check for
duplicate info.

petsc-releases/petsc-release-2.3.1

Tutorials were not already grouped [so either a rename or a subdir was
appropriate change]

If release clones were to be better grouped, perhaps the following
organization is better.

releases/petsc-2.3.1
releases/petsc-3.0.0
releases/BuildSystem-2.3.1
releases/BuildSystem-3.0.0

[but this requires renaming the parent url aswell as clone names [since some of us
usually use the same name for clones as the master repo]

Satish