[petsc-dev] PETSC application

David sheehan david.sheehanjr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 10:57:27 CST 2010

>First, configure with Hypre .
You mean, configure for the installation of PETSC with hypre? thanks.

>Then -pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type boomeramg
You mean, without adding any information into code include, just compile and
link
the code, to get an excuteable file, e.g. "a.out", then
a.out -pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type boomeramg
is it right? thanks.

>I cannot understand exactly what you mean. However, if you want to create a
PC
> based upon a >matrix which is not the system matrix A, you can specify it
in
> KSPSetOperators().

I mean Ax =b doesn't have A in explicit form, but in expression
A=B+C1+C2+...+Cn,
where B is main part of A in an explicity form, C1, C2,... and Cn are small
portions
comparing with B and they don't have an explicit form. Thus I want  to  make
preconditioner from B, then apply the preconditioner to Ax=b. Please tell me
how I
can do by PETSC sentences for PETSC solver, thanks.

David