[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #49590] problem building petsc-dev

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 16 21:09:14 CDT 2010

The previous change to pic default had this comment. [And this change
must have been done form some other petsc-maint issue. And I keep
forgetting senarios/issues when this was done]

5a0c830b3a17
    -defaut pic=0 [shared=0]
    - do pic check only when shared=1 or pic=1
    - special pic check for borland is removed - as its no longer required for shared=0 [default]
<<<<<

So the primary issue with default-pic=1 is: its contradictary to
default-shared=0. [and will be tempted to rectify this contradiction a
couple of years from now again]

Satish