TS grand plan

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Sep 24 14:47:55 CDT 2009

Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>   TSType is the only type that has _ in the middle (SNES, KSP etc etc do
>> not) therefor the correct fix is to remove the _
>> from the middle of all TSType names and you can follow all the rules :-)
>>
>>   Barry
>
> Agreed... we should change all the TS_<TYPENAME> to TS<TYPENAME> ...

Done

> However, I now think that we should have
>
> #define TS_GENERAL_LINEAR  "general-linear"
>
> as we already have "crank-nicholson" and "runge-kutta" ...

Maybe, but all the other packages tend to use acronyms, cf. "asm", "cg",
"ls", versus "additive-schwarz", "conjugate-gradients", "line-search".
It's a bike shed at this point, and I don't care much although I do like
short names because it requires less typing to experiment on the command
line.

Jed