C/F blas/lapack (tying to build in cygwin)

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:07:44 CDT 2009

I was trying to build petsc-dev on win32+cygwin using GCC 4. For some
reason I did not investigate, gfortran failed to build f-blas-lapack,
then re-ran configure like below. Why you do not let me use a
c-blas-lapack despite the fact that I have a Fortran compiler?

$ python config/configure.py --with-cc=gcc --with-fc=gfortran
--download-c-blas-lapack=1 --with-mpi=0
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: configureLibrary from
config.packages.BlasLapack(config/BuildSystem/config/packages/BlasLapack.py:429)

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log
for details):
Should request f-blas-lapack, not --download-c-blas-lapack=yes since
you have a fortran compiler?

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594