New approach for external direct solvers in PETSc

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:47:56 CDT 2008

Perhaps yor are missing in petscmat.h a line like the one below?? In
the docsyou mention it, but it is not listed alongside the other
packages.

#define MAT_SOLVER_PETSC      "petsc"

BTW, Have you ever considered the posibility of not using the 'Mat'
class for factored matrices?? I believe that normal matrices and
factored matrices share very few in common as to being instances of
the same class. Looking at the source code in src/mat, there are many
checks like 'if (mat-->factor)' or  'if (!mat->factor)' that seems to
support my concern. What do you think?

--
Lisandro Dalcín