changes to PETSc-dev bmake system and library locations

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:43:15 CDT 2007

I think 'conf/variables' needs a bit more of work. I am not sure about
what to do, the problem is here:

PETSC_LIB_DIR	    = ${PETSC_DIR}/${PETSC_ARCH}/lib
PETSC_INCLUDE	    = -I${PETSC_DIR}
-I${PETSC_DIR}/${PETSC_ARCH}/include -I${PETSC_DIR}/include \
                        ${PACKAGES_INCLUDES} ${TAU_DEFS}
${TAU_INCLUDE} ${PETSC_BLASLAPACK_FLAGS}

As you can see, there are references to $PESC_ARCH.  So there are two
potential problems using a 'install' version:

1.-  If $PETSC_ARCH is not defined, some paths are of the form
'/usr/local/petsc//lib'. Not sure is the double '//' could be
problematic.

2.- If $PETSC_ARCH is defined somewhere (user makefiles or even
environment), bad paths will be generated, and ${PETSC_LIB_DIR} is
definitely broken.

Is all this OK? Or my hg pull + hg update failed?

--
Lisandro Dalcín