error with --enable-shared

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Sat Oct 5 10:00:33 CDT 2019

The output file, large_files.out, shows "*** Tests successful!”
at the end, which means the test is passed.

The error message at line 455 of ncmpio_var.c is expected.
It searches and checks whether a variable name was previous used.
Since you are creating a new variable, the search for existing
name should fail. It is an internal check and can be safely ignored.

Using the debug version of PnetCDF, can you try running this test
program without setting the environment variable PNETCDF_VERBOSE_DEBUG_MODE?
I.e.

unsetenv PNETCDF_VERBOSE_DEBUG_MODE
./large_files

If it passed, I am puzzled and believe the non-debug build of PnetCDF
should work. I suggest you to build PnetCDF using your original settings,
i.e. no '--enable-debug’ from scratch and run ‘make -s check’ again.

FYI. version 1.12.0 was released a few days ago. Maybe you can
give it a try, but note 1.12.0 does not change anything related to
the test program large_files.c.

Wei-keng