error with --enable-shared

Laura Fowler ldfowler58 at icloud.com
Sat Oct 5 11:06:25 CDT 2019

Hi Wei-Keng:

Doing:
> unsetenv PNETCDF_VERBOSE_DEBUG_MODE
> ./large_files

using the same debug version as you suggested worked. Then, I tried to recompile pnetcdf from scratch without —enable-debug and I got the same error as before when running ./large_files or:

*** Testing large files, slowly.
*** Creating large file ./large_files.nc...line 264 of ../.././../pnetcdf-1.11.2/test/largefile/large_files.c: NetCDF: Index exceeds dimension bound
FAIL large_files (exit status: 1)

I really do not understand this at all.
Laura