Unable to pass all the tests with pnetcdf 1.6.1, Intel 15.0.3.048 and Mvapich2 2.1

Craig Tierney - NOAA Affiliate craig.tierney at noaa.gov
Sun Sep 20 13:51:15 CDT 2015

Wei-keng,

I always run distclean before I try to build the code.  The first test
failing is nc_test.  The problem seems to be in this test:

   err = ncmpi_open(comm, "tooth-fairy.nc", NC_NOWRITE, info, &ncid);/*
should fail */
    IF (err == NC_NOERR)
        error("ncmpi_open of nonexistent file should have failed");
    IF (err != NC_ENOENT)
        error("ncmpi_open of nonexistent file should have returned
NC_ENOENT");
    else {
        /* printf("Expected error message complaining: \"File tooth-fairy.nc
does not exist\"\n"); */
        nok++;
    }

A zero length tooth-fairy.nc file is being created, and I don't think that
is supposed to happen.  That would mean that the mode NC_NOWRITE is not
being honored by MPI_IO.  I will look at this more tomorrow and try to
craft a short example.

Craig