Error in building

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 7 09:00:11 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 03:14:02PM -0700, Alessandro Marinoni wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to compile pnetcdf-1.2 with mpich2 but I get the following error:
>
>    checking sizeof MPI_Offset... ./configure: line 11628: -c: command not found
>    configure: error: Unable to compile or link the test program
>
> Does anybody know how to solve it, or, at least, how to force configure to go to the end?
> Thanks in advance

To further explain Kui's post, this suggests configure did not find an
MPI compiler.  In addition to the environment variables in Kui's
recipe, one can also pass the --with-mpi=/path/to/mpi if all your mpi
wrapper scripts live in one directory (for example,
if installed to /soft/apps/mpich2-1.3.1/bin/mpicc , you would pass
--with-mpi=/soft/apps/mpich2-1.3.1 )

Argonne National Lab, IL USA