functions

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 17 11:20:06 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 09:22:35PM +0100, michael bane wrote:
> A couple of questions related to doc/netcdf-api.tex provided in the
> source tarball and my experiences, if I may (my first netcdf as well as
> first p-netcdf prog so pls let me know if I'm making any naive mistakes
> here!)

I think doc/netcdf-api.tex might be out of date.  That was our initial
spec and it wouldn't surprise me if we've been remiss in keeping it in
sync with the code.

> 1) The syntax for def_var seems to require an extra para

The prototype for nfmpi_def_var is given in pnetcdf.inc:

      integer         nfmpi_def_var
      !                         (integer             ncid,
      !                          character(*)        name,
      !                          integer             datatype,
      !                          integer             ndims,
      !                          integer             dimids(1),
      !                          integer             varid)
            external        nfmpi_def_var

> 2) I'm a little confused as to whether functions such as nfmpi_def_var()
> exist?

I think this is related to your earlier message.  Yes, pnetcdf should
definitely provide nfmpi_def_var.  It sounds like your fortran
bindings are not getting built.