0.9.3 installation problems on GNU/Linux with lam-mpi

Raimondo Giammanco rongten at member.fsf.org
Tue Feb 3 11:00:24 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 17:28, Rob Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see.  At least a few of those, if not all, are going to be due to the
> "ADIOI_Count_contiguous_blocks" problem.
> but frankly I feel like this is something that the LAM guys need to figure
> out or get in touch with us about; they shouldn't be passing types to
> ROMIO that they know it can't process.
>
> Rob

Hello,

 I am just now compiling lam-mpi-7.0.4 locally, since in my
system the last stable was 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 is still masked.

I will compile against this new version, check the
persistence of the problem, try your file and
report back to LAM.

But before I think I should wait
for the code with the updated mpinetcdf.c to be
available, for not having them complain about it.

Alternatively, I could explain them in advance and
give directly a patch... I have to learn
how to make them properly.

Any suggestions? It is not urgent, so I guess it
would be possible to wait for pnetcdf's next
release and report then the problem.

Best Regards

--
Raimondo Giammanco <rongten at member.fsf.org>