Irix 64 nc_test error

Jianwei Li jianwei at cheetah.cpdc.ece.northwestern.edu
Mon Apr 19 18:05:37 CDT 2004

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the interest in using PnetCDF and for pointing out this problem!

The problem occurs because we put different arguement datatype "size_t" for the
strided access interface than the original netCDF's "ptrdiff_t" that is also
used in the nc_test. Could you try to replace the "ptrdiff_t" to "size_t" in
the variable declaration to solve your problem temperarily for now? We'll look
into the code to further address this problem.

Thanks!

Jianwei

>I am trying to get Parallel Netcdf 0.9.3 installed and when I try to compile
the test scripts I get the following errors.

>cc-1164 cc: WARNING File = test_get.c, Line = 2071
>  Argument of type "ptrdiff_t *" is incompatible with parameter of type
>          "const size_t *".
>
>          err = ncmpi_get_vars_text_all(BAD_ID, i, start, edge, stride, value);
>
>I also have compiled MPI V2 and the test scripts for it ran fine. I am running
on a an SGI O2000 Irix 6.5.  Any help would be appreciated.