Houston, we have a problem

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 31 14:44:20 CDT 2003

At 11:17 AM 7/31/2003 -0700, John Tannahill wrote:
>Rob,
>
>I am hoping that I can catch you before you leave, so that you can
>pass this on to someone, but if you are already gone, can anyone
>else take a look at this?
>
>I have graduated up to my original bigger test case and the C version
>works, but the Fortran version doesn't.  It's certainly possible that
>I have screwed up the translation from C to Fortran and I will be
>looking at that, but I wanted to pass this back to you folks, so that
>you can take a look at it to.
>
>I am using 0.8.8.  Attached are two tar files that should be pretty
>self-explanatory, but let me know if you have questions.
>
>Regards,
>John

John,
I'll take a look at this, but I probably won't have anything for you until
sometime Friday.  There's probably a simple but systematic error in our
Fortran interface which is generated automatically, which means that fixes
are easy (just fix the generator) but the code in some cases has *never*
been looked at by a human being.

Bill