fortran parallel-netcdf

Rob Ross rross at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 30 10:52:38 CDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, John Tannahill wrote:

> Bummer on frost being down this morning as I will be out this afternoon.
> I think I will try to install 0.8.7 on NERSC's SP.

Cool.  I'll probably try to hop on this afternoon and check out these
latest changes before doing 0.8.8.  I need to find a machine here with a
decent Fortran compiler too...I think that Chiba City (Linux cluster) has
one.

> Is it possible that my first attempt at getting the tar file was done
> while you were in the process of copying it in?  Anyway, my second
> attempt got the missing files.  Seems like tar files can get a little
> flaky at times too, in that I know I have put some together that somehow
> missed a file or two?

I copied it over there twice; the first time was missing some files.  You
were too quick :).  I'll do a better job of ordering operations next time.

> I will keep you informed to the various tests and timings I try to run
> in the coming days.  I would be happy to pass them on to you if you
> want to include any of them in your test directory.  Might be good to
> have an actual "application test" or two versus just "feature tests".

Absolutely!  This would be great.

Thanks,

Rob