fortran parallel-netcdf

John Tannahill tannahill1 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 28 19:22:14 CDT 2003

Robert,

I don't understand the comment below about having to include pnetcdf.inc;
I am pretty sure that it was already included in the test code I sent you?

I have trimmed my test codes down even further until all they are supposed
to do is create a netcdf file and define a single dimension and variable.
The C version works fine; the Fortran version creates the file, but the
file itself is empty.  I have included both codes and their Makefiles again.
Still running things on NERSC's IBM SP2 (seaborg).

Also before I worked on the above, I grabbed and installed the 0.8.6
version.  Install on seaborg was easier:

gunzip parallel-netcdf-0.8.6.tar.gz
tar xf parallel-netcdf-0.8.6.tar
cd parallel-netcdf-0.8.6
module load gnu
setenv CC xlc
setenv FC xlf
setenv MPICC  mpcc_r
setenv MPIF77 mpxlf_r
autoconf
./configure --prefix=/usr/common/homes/j/jrt/Pnc/parallel-netcdf-0.8.6
vi macros.make
   Change:
     CC  = mpcc_r
     CXX = xlC_r
     FC  = xlf
   To:
     CC  = mpcc_r
     CXX = mpCC_r
     FC  = mpxlf_r
gmake
gmake install

I made two versions with the only difference being that I used the
--with-fortran=yes flag for the library I built for linking with my
Fortran test code?  Not sure whether or not I need to set all four
environment variables in the beginning?  Also, looks like I still
should be editing macros.make?

Anyway thanks for all your help.  I am at your beck and call as I
cannot make much progress until I am able to utilize the Fortran
interface.  Please keep me updated.  Perhaps Richard Hedges or Tyce
Mclarty here at LLNL can take a crack at it as well.

Regards,
John

--
John R. Tannahill