[mpich2-dev] is there a gforker equivalent to the Windows mpich2?

Carl Christensen carlgt1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 13:27:18 CST 2011

thanks again - we're actually going to stick with your solution, we can
automatically launch smpd -d 0 in the background while the other MPI tasks are
running.  there doesn't seem to be a way around Microsoft's paranoia about even
local sockets as a firewall issue, so not much point in trying to do it in MinGW
(it would just bring up the same nag screens etc)!  the BOINC user will
hopefully just need to "Unblock" mpiexec etc once unless the paths change.