[mpich2-dev] is there a gforker equivalent to the Windows mpich2?

Carl Christensen carlgt1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 01:48:53 CST 2011

thanks, I've tried it out in our BOINC system and it's not really able to run
"unattended" as we require for these type of projects, due to Windows firewall
warnings, antivirus malware kicks in (due to the sockets opening I guess) etc.

I guess what we really need is the simple "gforker" style pm for Windows, as
that is working fine on Mac & Linux for us.  but it seems MinGW to build this
will not work due to missing signals etc (no Windows signal analogue to SIGCHLD,
WNOHANG etc).  So it would require a bit of a rewrite of those parts, I guess
really the child proc termination detection etc.