[mpich2-dev] [mpich2-maint] #262: MPICH2 use of AC_C_CONST

mpich2 mpich2-maint at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 11 14:14:26 CST 2008

--------------------------------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  David Gingold <david.gingold at sicortex.com>  |        Owner:  chan
     Type:  bug                                         |       Status:  new

Changes (by thakur):

 * cc: mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov (added)
  * owner:  thakur => chan

Comment:

 We are planning to fix this by defining a new macro PAC_C_CONST that
 checks if const is available and calls AC_MSG_ERROR if not.

 Rajeev

 Replying to [ticket:262 David Gingold <david.gingold at sicortex.com>]:

 > {{{
 >
 > Last night I chased down an ugly problem that showed up when I tried
 > to build MPICH2 with -Wall -Werror (telling gcc to turn on more
 > warnings, and to consider warnings to be errors).
 >
 > The upshot is that -Wall -Werror makes autoconf believe that the
 > compiler doesn't support "const", and then things go downhill from
 > there.  The root cause is described here:
 >
 >         http://www.nabble.com/fix-AC_C_CONST-to-work-with-CFLAGS--O2--
 Wall--

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/262#comment:3>