[mpich2-dev] [mpi-all-commits] r3449 - in mpich2/branches/dev/msmpi-staging/src: mpi/attr mpi/coll mpi/comm mpi/datatype mpi/errhan mpi/group mpi/init mpi/misc mpi/pt2pt mpi/rma mpi/romio/mpi-io mpi/spawn mpi/topo util/info

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 6 13:42:42 CST 2008

Bill,

We had some discussion on this yesterday. The plan is to "try to" merge
these with the enter/exit macros eventually. The current commit is just
a place holder, since this is not trivial. Some things we need to
consider are:

1. The trace macros take more parameters than just the function name
that FUNC_ENTER/EXIT take.

2. The macros are called with different parameters in different code
paths (e.g., success and failure).

Once we have the code we want to take in the branch, we can figure out
how to correct it.

  -- Pavan

On 11/06/2008 12:16 PM, William Gropp wrote:
> Since we already have enter/exit macros, it would be better if we could
> unify these, perhaps adding the message arguments to the existing func
> enter/exit.  We need to be careful of the varargs CPP macros; older
> systems do not permit those.  Note that the func enter/exit were
> designed as hooks for things like tracing, so they should be made
> sufficient for any tracing needs.
>
> Bill
>
> On Nov 6, 2008, at 11:54 AM, jayesh at mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>
>> Log:
>> Included code for MSMPI Tracing. The code does not compile right now.
>> Need to add null defns for Tr* funcs till we have a consensus on the
>> naming convention for the code to compile
>
> William Gropp
> Deputy Director for Research
> Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
> Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science

Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji