[MPICH2-dev] debug message question

Brian R. Toonen toonen at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 17 18:01:52 CDT 2003

> How can I print the debug messages, such as the message printed
> by MPIU_DBG_PRINTF function, on the stdout? I defined the
> MPICH_DBG_OUTPUT in the mpidi_ch3_pre.h header file, but it did not work.

You also need to set the environment variable "MPICH_DBG_OUTPUT" to "stdout"
before running the program.

By the way, instead of adding a #define to mpidi_ch3_pre.h, you can set the
CFLAGS environment variable to -DMPICH_DBG_OUTPUT prior to running
configure.  When I want to enable debugging output for new build, I do the
following:

    (setenv CFLAGS -DMPICH_DBG_OUTPUT; ./configure ...confopts...)

> Another question is I got output like this when I run the hellow program:
> Rank 1 in job 27 AndyVM_1184 terminated without calling MPI_Finalize
> Rank 2 in job 27 AndyVM_1184 terminated without calling MPI_Finalize
> The output message in the beginning of the hellow program I added
> did not show. It seemed that the hellow program was not executed
> ever. What does this output mean? Which part of the mpich printed them?

Which device/channel are you using?  Which process mananger?  Please send me
the command you used to configure MPICH2.

--brian