[mpich-discuss] exit without calling finalize(windows xp pro 64bit)

yangjunbo686 yangjunbo686 at 163.com
Fri Sep 14 19:58:22 CDT 2012

Dear all,

I recently have written a program which calls MSC.Patran and MSC.Nastran over and over again until find an optimal solution, in the visual studio 2010 C++ environment on Windows XP professional 64bit. And the version of mpich2 is 1.4.1p1( 32bit).

Build, run the program and then wait. Sometimes, I can get an optimum solution when the parallel is done. But mostly, the optimization terminates unexpectedly, and error message follows:

job aborted:

rank: node: exit code[: error message]

0: yang: 123

1: yang: -1073741819: process 1 exited without calling finalize

2: yang: 123

Any advice?

Thanks for your help!

Yang Junbo