[mpich-discuss] MP_EAGER_LIMIT and MP_BUFFER_MEM question

Matthew Niemerg niemerg at math.colostate.edu
Wed Nov 7 18:21:21 CST 2012

Jeff,

Here's a quick mpi program that reproduces the problem.  All you do is
enter in some # of bytes that you want to pass (to test what is the max
size of an array).  The max on my machine is 6000 (i.e. 5999 works, but
6000 doesn't).  I am not sure why that would be the limit.  Anyway, the
output on my machine indicates the null terminating character isn't sent,
or the entire array was not able to be passed.  Regardless, perplexed by
this issue.

I am, however, able to pass larger arrays (I went up to 8381153)
successfully, but still get some garbage data at the very end (i.e.,
outputting the character array to the console is fine, except the last byte
which outputs as : ??_?).

FYI, the machine I am using is a Mac 10.6.8, and am using mpich2.1.3 with
the x86_64 architecture.

Matt