[mpich-discuss] MP_EAGER_LIMIT and MP_BUFFER_MEM question

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Nov 7 16:10:56 CST 2012

Unless you're on a BGQ or IBM machine with LoadLeveler, I don't see
how those variables can have any impact on the execution of your code.

cc:mpich2-trunk jhammond$ grep MP_EAGER_LIMIT * -R
src/mpid/pamid/src/mpidi_env.c:    char* names[] = {"PAMID_EAGER",
"PAMID_RZV", "MP_EAGER_LIMIT", "PAMI_RVZ", "PAMI_RZV", "PAMI_EAGER",
NULL};
src/mpid/pamid/src/mpidi_env.c:    char* names[] = {"PAMID_RZV_LOCAL",
"PAMID_EAGER_LOCAL", "MP_EAGER_LIMIT_LOCAL", "PAMI_RVZ_LOCAL",
"PAMI_RZV_LOCAL", "PAMI_EAGER_LOCAL", NULL};
src/mpid/pamid/src/mpidi_util.c:
MATCHI(eager_limit,"Message Eager Limit (MP_EAGER_LIMIT/Bytes):");
src/pm/hydra/tools/bootstrap/external/ll_env.c:
"MP_DEBUG_INITIAL_STOP", "MP_DEBUG_LOG", "MP_EAGER_LIMIT",

Can you provide a test code that exercises the problem to which you allude?

Thanks,

Jeff