[mpich-discuss] mysterious network access

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 29 12:55:40 CDT 2012

Dave's right.  We create a socket for the possibility of spawns or connect/accepts.  I recall that we tried something where we didn't create the socket or poll on it until we got an MPI_Open_port and that it wasn't trivial.  The fact that we're still unconditionally creating the socket tells me that we didn't get it right and probably gave up.

I was getting similar firewall messages from mpiexec as well until I did something to my firewall (probably clicked  "block all incoming connections").

-d