[mpich-discuss] Question on MPI-IO

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior lcjunior at ufrj.br
Mon May 28 08:57:38 CDT 2012

Hello,

I have an implementation in which I have to distribute the same data across
all processes. Because of concurrent access issues, a master process is
responsible for reading the file and, after, distribute its content using
MPI_BCAST.
Now I have a new file in the same situation.

I have read a little about MPI-IO and I am considering to use it.
Is it suitable to situations like this? Can someone please point me out
what I should expect comparing my current implementation with MPI-IO?

Thanks in advance,
Luiz