[mpich-discuss] Questions about running MCNP5 with MPICH

Sterling Bailey Sterling.Bailey at att.net
Mon Jan 23 14:05:05 CST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a parallel processing system to run MCNP5. The
operating system is Ubuntu and I have four computers with quad processors.
My contacts at LANL have advised me to use MPICH1 and use an executable
mcnp5.mpi.

  I have two questions about this. First how can I get MPICH1 and the
installation instructions ?- your web site seems to only have MPICH2
available (I've downloaded this, installed it and run a simple test case
successfully). And second, how do I create mcnp5.mpi?

My other question is - can I run mcnp5 using MPICH2? and if so, do I
need to compile mcnp5 to make it compatible with MPICH2?

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me on this since I'm pretty
much stumped now.

Thanks,

             Sterling Bailey, PhD, P.E.