[mpich-discuss] client server application on windows7

toufik hadjazi h_toufik7 at hotmail.fr
Sun Apr 8 04:30:11 CDT 2012

Hi,  i tried to do like you told me ( save the port name into a text file and read it back as an alternative for mpi_publish/lookup_name) but i encountred a problem, when i run the program it gives me the message: "job aborted" ! and when i observed the operation i found that the file pointer on fopen is NULL, so, i'm confused what the problem could be? one more thing, when i was reading some documentation, i found that we could specify a range for MPI_Open_port with the envirenment variable MPI_PORT_RANGE so i thought maybe i could fix the port using this variable as an example : 2033..2033 in order to have the port 2033 but i don't know how to do that! thanks & regards,Toufik